RESULTS of Deaf-Parented Member-at-Large Bylaws Amendment Referendum Announced
(November 25, 2013)
We now share the results of the Deaf-Parented Member-at-Large position on the RID Board of Directors. The voting period started September 15th and ended November 15th. Of all votes cast, 2/3 in favor is required for the motion to pass.
President Whitcher worked with RID’s Parliamentarian to confirm the following numbers.
Total number of votes cast: 1,283
2/3 totals (66.6666%): 856
Total votes in favor: 851
Total votes opposed: 432
The Vote for the Deaf-Parented Member-at-Large Bylaws Amendment Referendum closed on November 15, 2013. The results of this vote will be announced on November 25, 2013.
Update: October 16, 2013 (RID Board: DPMAL Vote to Continue) Read more>>
Motion A from the 2013 RID Business Meeting requires a Bylaws Referendum of all certified and associate members related to the addition of a Deaf-Parented Member-at-Large position on the RID Board of Directors. Vote open September 15, 2013 through November 15, 2013.
Process for Deaf-Parented Member-at-Large Bylaws Referendum:
This motion originally came before the membership at the 2011 Business meeting, motion 2011.04. The referendum, first reported as having passed, failed. During the 2013 Business meeting, a motion was submitted to re-vote on the matter. Motion A, not yet assigned a motion number as of September 11, 2013, passed. The membership is now presented with the following motion for vote:
Available for review on the RID Website:
- Bylaws amendment, this vote amends the RID Bylaws
- RID Board statement
- IDP Member Section statement
- Deaf Caucus statement
- Vote begins September 15, 2013
- Vote ends November 15. 2013
- Announcement of results done by November 25, 2013
- Certified and Associate members in good standing and a member of an affiliate chapter may vote
- The motion which amends the bylaws requires an affirmative vote of 2/3 of those who vote
To vote (vote open September 15, 2013 – November 15, 2013):
- Log into your RID account
- Under account information: click “Vote”
- Click “Deaf Parented MAL Board Position
- Select you response (in favor or opposed)
- Click Submit
Please contact Ryan Butts for questions specific to the voting process. Ryan’s email address is email@example.com. For questions on matters not related to the voting process, such as the bylaws, please contact the board directly. You can email RID President Dawn Whitcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.