Lewis Merkin, Transition Team co-chair here with an update on the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) Executive Director search. At this time the RID board has made a decision to temporarily postpone the search. This decision is based on feedback from current and potential candidates who want to first see the outcomes of some organizational essentials, such as the certification risk assessment report, to ensure that the executive director role is clear and focused on success.

That risk assessment will be coming on November 1 and the Board will have the details to make effective decisions that will impact the future of RID. This clarity is what feedback has shown was needed. To that end, the Board will be meeting face-to-face December 15-20. With specifics, many of the potential applicants are likely to apply/re-apply.

We will reach out once the search is active again to re-engage candidates and assess if there is still mutual interest. In the interim we encourage you to stay connected through the website, and via RID venues.