RID Member Benefit: Online Courses
Starting in November of last year, RID created a platform in which members could access archived sessions from the 2015 RID National Conference, with the potential to earn CEUs. The viewing of the sessions is available at no cost, but if individuals would like to earn CEUs, they can do so at a nominal fee.
The following are the five sessions available to members:
- Emerging Trends in Interpreting and Implications for Interpreter Education, presented by Cathy Cogen and Dennis Cokely from NCIEC
- Invest in Your Future by Incorporating Another World Language into your Work, presented by David Quinto-Pozos
- RIDNOLA15 Community Forum: Igenda or WEgenda: How do we define “We”? What is the Place of the “I” in the Interaction? organized and facilitated by Carol-lee Aquiline and Lynnette Taylor
- Collaborative Storytelling on Social Justice, presented by Joseph Hill and David Coyne
- Social Justice Roundtable, facilitated by Joseph Hill and David Coyne
Since we opened this benefit, just six weeks ago, we have had 87 students from five different countries participate in these online educational opportunities. 94% are from the United States, and the other 6% from countries like Belize, Bolivia, South Korea, and Thailand.
We are thrilled to see the success of this new member benefit with so many members taking advantage of the opportunity in such a short time of availability. We will be working to add more valuable content and additional educational options in the year ahead. To view our list of available courses, go to the RID website at: