|POSITION:||Senior Director of Programs & Services|
||Full-time, Salaried, Exempt|
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Director|
SUMMARY: The Senior Director of Programs & Services oversees the Program and Services Division of RID, which consists of the Member Services and Communications Departments. Member Services includes all forms of technical assistance provided directly to individual member, such as the Certification Maintenance Program. As well, activities or governance structures that support members, such as Affiliate Chapters, Member Sections, and member-led committees, are a part of the Member Services Department. The Communications Department is responsible for periodic press releases, monthly E-news, the quarterly publication of the VIEWS, the annual publication of the Journal of Interpretation, the publication of the Annual Report, and the publishing of books relevant to the fields of interpreting and interpreter education. The overall Program and Services Division strategy is to be consistent with and reflect the RID’s strategic vision.
On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Director articulates the vision and guides the planning and development of the Programs and Services Division. This requires direct supervision of department directors and/or managers. It also involves fostering a dynamic and creative work environment where teams work collaboratively to find solutions to common barriers and challenges. The ongoing review, development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to maximize the Division’s consistency, efficiency and effectiveness is also an essential part of the Senior Director’s work responsibilities. Budget planning, monitoring and reporting are also central duties of the Senior Director. External coordination with vendors and other community-based organizations and resources may be required, particularly related to conference, event or education planning. The Senior Director will seek and arrange partner funding for special projects and activities from private and public sources, as well as potentially writing grants for larger programs and services. The Senior Director of Programs and Services, along with the Senior Director of Finance and Operations and the Executive Director, forms the Executive Management Team for RID Headquarters, and in collaboration with the Board of Directors, helps to define and operationalize the strategic plan of RID.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all functions of the department.
- Oversee the development and implementation of creative, innovative and cost effective programs and services that enrich member experience and contribute to the effective practice of interpreting.
- Oversee the development and marketing of all member benefits, programs and exhibits.
- Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures relating to annual membership renewal and payment of related membership fees.
AFFILIATE CHAPTER RELATIONS:
- Oversee all aspects of affiliate chapter relations in cooperation with staff and the RID Board of Directors.
- Promote collaboration between programs and services staff with compliance staff to ensure the timely submission of reports and other related documents from affiliate chapters to RID finance administrator.
- Assist with the development and implementation of quarterly volunteer leadership webinars.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a quality Certification Maintenance Program, including the recruitment, approval and training of a CMP sponsor pool, the periodic audit of CMP sponsors, and the timely updating of member CMP transcripts and related records.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of a quality selection of online and on demand CMP offerings for sponsors, auditors, volunteer leaders, and members of RID.
- Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures relating to the maintenance of certification through the CMP program.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to promote RID’s membership, programs, services and publications, as well as the profession, with members and various stakeholders.
- Oversee the development and content of the website as well as RID’s presence via social media.
- Handle all public and media relations inquiries which includes writing media advisories, press releases, speeches, and other communication relevant to the profession.
- Oversee the production of the quarterly news magazine, VIEWS; monthly RID-Update e-mail; and annual Journal of Interpretation.
- Oversee RID Press, the publishing arm of RID. This includes the solicitation of new publications; working with the authors during the publishing process; establishing and maintaining relations with reviewers, editors and copy-editors; overseeing the design and layout of the publication; and creating a marketing plan to promote and sell the publication.
- Ensure that all publications and communications has the goal of raising awareness of the interpreting profession and increasing the engagement of members in the RID association.
The Senior Director for the Programs and Services Division reports directly to the RID Executive Director and may have other duties as assigned.
- Experience in program development, customer service, educational program delivery, professional, technical and academic writing, editing, marketing, public and government relations, and publishing
- Masters degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field desired. Minimally a Bachelors degree in a related field is required
- RID Headquarters is a signing environment. Employees are required to demonstrate the ability to use ASL fluently. ASL and written English fluency required
- A minimum of five years of related experience and proven success in program development, implementation, report writing, supervision and budget planning and monitoring
- Proficient in the use of desktop publishing software
- Knowledge of APA Style
- Experience with developing and monitoring program budgets
- Experience with strategic planning
- Experience with database programs
- Proven diplomacy skills and commitment to customer service
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and independent decision-making
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability work in, promote and facilitate a team-based, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated administrative and management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products
- Ability to interact effectively and employ sensitivity, tact and diplomacy with staff, members of the board of directors, stakeholders, volunteers, members and visitors
- Experience in association management preferred
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note, this is a position that requires a full-time presence in RID Headquarters. It is not a position available for remote employment. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter describing their interest and availability, along with a resume addressing how their education and background fits with the job description and qualifications. Please direct any questions regarding this position to the Interim Executive Director at RID at email@example.com.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2016.