“Excellence in the delivery of interpreting and transliterating services is contingent upon the pursuit of lifelong learning (Motion 96.43)”
- CMP (Certification Maintenance Program)
- ACET (Associate Continuing Education Tracking) Program
- Earning RID CEUs
- Distance RID CEUs
- Workshop Host Information
- Find an RID Approved Workshop
- Presenter Information
- CMP Sponsor Information
- Find a CMP Sponsor (RID CEU Provider)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CEU Discrepancy Report Form
The RID continuing education program has seven basic components:
- CMP participants – All certified members of RID are required to participate in the CMP in order to maintain their certification.
- ACET participants – RID tracks the RID CEUs earned by Associate Members.
- RID approved CMP Sponsors – Approved CMP Sponsors are organizations and individuals who approve continuing education activities and make sure the activities meet RID’s CMP policies as stated in the CMP Standards and Criteria.
- The Professional Development Committee (PDC) – The PDC develops the policies for the CMP.
- RID Headquarters – The RID Professional Development Department provides operations support for the CMP by processing completed CEUs reported by CMP Sponsors, sending updates to the participants and CMP Sponsors regarding the program and managing members’ online CEU transcripts.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) – The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measurement for educational activities that meet established criteria for increasing knowledge and competency. One CEU is equal to ten (10) contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience, which is grounded in responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.
- Certification Maintenance – Certified members who meet all the requirements of the CMP and maintain membership in RID retain their certification.
For questions regarding the Certification Maintenance Program or Associate Continuing Education Tracking Program please contact the Professional Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-838-0030, option 7.