ABOUT THE NATIONAL BYLAWS COMMITTEE
The Bylaws Committee advises the RID Board of Directors and RID affiliate chapter organizations with regards to governing documents and decision-making.
Chair: Lindsey Antle
Board of Directors Liaison:
RID Headquarters Liaison: Ryan Butts
Current committee members:
- Lindsey Antle (Chair)
- Janie Powell
- Becki Gill Rhyne
Scope of Work:
For the term 2011-2013, the Bylaws Committee members are charged to complete the following tasks:
- To assist the Board of Directors in the oversight of the national bylaws.
- To be an active resource to Affiliate Chapters in the development or revisions to the Affiliate Chapter bylaws and standing rules, and in maintaining compliance with the RID national bylaws.
- When requested, to serve as the national Motions and Resolutions Committee during the biennial conference.
- Throughout the conference, the Bylaws Committee will collect and review all conference motions to ensure they are not in conflict with the RID Bylaws or organizational procedures.
- To assist the Chair of the Business Meeting in directing members who are commenting on motions to stand / sit in appropriate places.
- To assist members during the Business Meeting to formulate complete motions in writing prior to posing the motion.
- To address items referred to the committee by the board of directors.