RID ETHICAL PRACTICES SYSTEM REVIEW TASK FORCE
The RID Ethical Practices System Review Task Force reviews and recommends updates of the current system. The Task Force provides recommendations to the RID Board of Directors.
TASKS TO COMPLETE:
- ELEMENT #1: Complete a review of the Ethical Practices System.
- Review of the original goals and intentions of the EPS, along with the current Standards and Criteria.
- Research policies and procedures currently practiced by other EPS programs in the industry.
- Offer recommendations, to the RID Board, for consideration to enhance, and ensure relevancy of, the program. Recommendations are provided to the Board via the Board liaison.
- ELEMENT #2: Complete a review of grievance processes and procedures.
- Review the current process and examine approaches to improve the process and procedures of filing a grievance.
- Offer recommendations, to the RID Board, for consideration to enhance the program. Recommendations are provided to the Board via the Board liaison.
- Provide updates to the Board of Directors, via the Board liaison, for each Board meeting.
- Note, reports must be submitted to the Board 10 days prior to each Board meeting. Work with the Board liaison to confirm meeting dates.
Low, unless otherwise noted.
For the term 2016-2018, the Ethical Practices System Review Task Force members are charged to complete the following tasks:
- To review, develop and propose Ethical Practices System guidelines.
- To support and participate in the work of the Reputable Agency Task Force.
- To support and participate in the work of the RID CPC Review Committee.
- To be available to host or participate in a forum at national conferences.
- To serve as a resource for educational program development and content for RID publications.
- To address items referred to the committee by the board of directors.
- NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Ethical Practices System Overview (EPS)
- EPS Enforcement Procedures
- Standard Practice Papers
- Toward an Interpreter Sensibility: Three Levels of Ethical Analysis and a Comprehensive Model of Ethics Decision-Making for Interpreters
- Exploring Ethics: A Case for Revising the Code of Ethics
- 1995 Code of Ethics (historical)
- 1965 Code of Ethics (historical)
- RID Code of Professional Conduct in ASL by Wink