Become an RID Test Site – for the CDI Knowledge Exam
The RID Certification Program for CDIs currently administers knowledge and performance exams through a system of test sites located throughout the country. The test sites administer knowledge and performance exams year-round on a first come first serve basis, depending on availability of the site.
*The NIC Exams are no longer administered by RID Test Sites, it is provided either through Castle or Comira.
Hosting a test site and administering the exams involves a commitment of time and facilities; however, it is a valuable contribution to your fellow interpreters and can be a very rewarding experience.
What’s involved in becoming a test site?
- Each test site should have a site coordinator to serve as the main contact for the site.
Site coordinators are responsible for:
- maintaining a secure location for the test materials
- scheduling testing appointments with candidates
- scheduling Test Administrators or serving as a Test Administrator
- ensuring there are adequate testing facilities for candidates
- Test sites should be able to offer at least 50 testing appointments per year.
- Equipment needed for the exams include:
- DVD player and remote control
- VHS player and remote control
- 27” or larger TV monitor
- Video camera in VHS, VHS-C, Hi8 or mini-DV format.
Become a RID Test Administrator
The role of the Test Administrator is crucial to the success and vitality of the RID Certification Program. We are seeking individuals highly dedicated to the interpreting profession with the capability to share their time for the growth of the profession.
Consider becoming a Test Administrator if you are willing to:
- Commit time to administering the exams
- Adhere to the guidelines for RID Agents
- Follow security and confidentiality measures
- Prospective RID Test Administrators should already be certified and/or have no future plans to take RID interpreter certification exams.
All applications should be submitted to the RID Certification Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or RID, ATTN: Certification Department, 333 Commerce Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.