Shipping rates are based on shipments within the continental US.
- Individual orders must be pre-paid by check, money order, Visa or Master Card.
- All payments for orders must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Orders to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and ALL other Foreign Countries must contact the Shipping Department for rates as these rates will vary based on the destination of the shipment. All foreign orders must be pre-paid in US dollars, payable to a Canadian or U.S. Bank. Foreign orders will not be invoiced. They will be shipped and handled as requested at the time of the order.
- Please provide a street address for UPS/FEDEX shipping. If only a P.O. Box address is provided, the order may be sent via the U.S. Postal Service and your order may be delayed. RID is not responsible for lost or past due shipments addressed to a post office box.
- ALL requesters for foreign orders must be aware that orders shipped outside the continental U.S. will be assessed a Brokers Fee from the country of origin.
RID Bookstore Return Policies
RID can only accept returns not due to shipping error or damage from from bookstores who resell items. RID cannot accept returns from individuals unless the return is a result of shipping error or damage on our part.
- Some items are non-returnable and non-refundable: all test preparation DVDs and sample tests. We offer exchanges only on these items.
Damaged or erroneous merchandise must be reported within five (5) days of delivery of the order. Please call (571) 257-3957 to report damaged merchandise.
Return policy for bookstores, colleges and universities:
- Books may be returned with PRIOR AUTHORIZATION ONLY and MUST be in salable condition. Books with organization sales stickers WILL NOT be accepted for return.
- To obtain return authorization, please fill out and submit the Return Authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at (703) 838-0454 for all requests to return items.
- This completed return request form should be received within four (4) months of the original order or invoice date. RID staff will sign off on the request form and an approved return authorization form will then be sent back to the requester to include in the return shipment box.
- All return shipment boxes must include 1) a copy of the original RID “Order Summary” (for online orders) or RID Invoice AND 2) a copy of the RID-approved Return Authorization form.
- The purchaser is responsible for shipping charges on the return shipments.
- No credit memo will be issued for UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS. RID is not responsible for unauthorized returns. Unauthorized returns that are not claimed by the purchaser will be returned to the RID inventory after one (1) year.
- Credit memos will be issued upon receipt of all authorized returned merchandise as stated on the pre-approved Return Authorization form included in the return box.
- Credit memos will be issued for the amount of sale LESS a twenty-five (25%) percent restocking fee.
- Credit memos expire one (1) year from the date of issue. RID does not automatically issue credit refunds. Please contact us at email@example.com to request a refund of your account credit.
- For questions about returning items or the status of returned items, please contact the the Office Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-257-3957.
- For invoice, payment and refund inquiries, you can reach accounting staff at 571-257-3905. You can also reach the Accounting Manager by phone at (571) 384-5201.
Quantity Discount Policy
- Quantity discounts are available for those paying non-member pricing and will apply to the total book order prior to the shipping charges.
- A Ten Percent (10%) discount is applied for orders of ten (10) to nineteen (19) of the same title or item.
- A Fifteen Percent (15%) discount is applied for orders of twenty (20) or more of the same title or item.
- In order to receive member prices, your member number is required to show somewhere on the order form or purchase order. Member prices reflect a 20% discount and are not eligible for quantity discounts.
- Only one (1) form of discount will be applied to any order.