CEUs may be awarded for coursework for college credit taken at an accredited institution during the participant’s current CMP cycle. This accreditation must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Successful completion is defined as receiving a minimum letter grade of “C” (2.0) or above. If a course is being audited or taken through the continuing education office of the institution a RID Approved Sponsor should be contacted to complete a Participant Initiated Non-RID Activity Plan (PINRA).

Benefits of the Academic Coursework Option:

  • Can be done retro-active, as long as it is done and completed within that cycle.


Click here to see the detailed guide for completing academic coursework


Steps to Completing Academic Coursework

  1. Contact an RID Approved Sponsor to process the Academic Coursework Activity Plan form.The form will be provided to you by the RID Approved Sponsor with whom you are working with.
  2. Complete the course. As long as the course is taken during your current CMP cycle, paperwork may be filed anytime during that current cycle.
  3. Submit a copy of your transcript to the sponsor. You must earn a grade of a C or better to receive CEUs.
  4. If the course is offered during a semester, the number of CEUs equals 1.5 per semester credit (i.e. a 3 credit course = 4.5 CEUs). If the course is offered during a quarter, the number of CEUs equals 1 per quarter credit (i.e. a 3 credit course = 3 CEUs).

*Please note that although CEUs can be earned if the coursework is completed during your CMP cycle, all paperwork must be submitted and approved by an RID approved sponsor before the completion of your CMP cycle.