Professional Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

//Professional Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Professional Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)2019-11-20T10:49:47-05:00

Associate Continuing Education Tracking Program

All Associate members are automatically enrolled in the ACET program to have their CEUs tracked.

As an Associate member, RID does not require that you earn CEUs to maintain your membership status.

When an Associate member becomes certified, the CEUs earned in the ACET program do not transfer over to fulfill the CMP requirements.

Certification Maintenance Program

To maintain your certification, you need to earn a total of 8.0 CEUs (80 contact hours) with a minimum of 6.0 in Professional Studies (PS) within each certification cycle (4 years).

There is no requirement to earn General Studies (GS) CEUs. Please remember that if GS CEUs are earned only a maximum of 2.0 CEUs will be counted towards your total.

Yes, you may earn all of the CEUs required (8.0) in Professional Studies (PS).

No. CEUs must be earned within your cycle begin and end dates to count towards maintaining your certification for that cycle. CEUs beyond the 8.0 required will not roll over into your next certification cycle.

This information can be found by logging into your RID member portal where the certification cycle start and end date will be listed above the CEU table.

Membership cycles run on the fiscal year, which ends on June 30th. Certification cycles run on the calendar year, which ends on December 31st. Your certification cycle does not expire when your membership expires, however, part of maintaining your certification is maintaining membership.

There is no renewal fee for your certification. Be sure that your membership is up to date to avoid revocation.

There is nothing more that you need to do. Your new certification cycle will be added shortly after the new year begins.

Membership dues are due June 30th. Certified members are given a one-month grace period to renew, and can do so without penalty by July 31st. If you renew your certified membership between August 1st and December 31st, you will be required to pay a late fee. If you have not renewed your membership by January 1st, your certification will be revoked.

Earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs)

Yes. You will need to contact an RID approved sponsor to process the paperwork. (Academic Coursework).

You are able to earn CEUs by contacting an RID approved sponsor to approve the workshop before the start of the event. This is called a PINRA (Participant Initiated Non-RID Activity).

Sponsors have up to 60 days to process CEUs and add the workshop to your transcript.

Complete and submit a CEU discrepancy report. Be sure to attach the certificate of completion for the activity.

If you are late paying your membership dues, you are still able to earn CEUs. Please be aware of the membership requirement for maintaining certification – if you do not renew by January 1 after your membership expires, it is grounds for your certification to be revoked.

You can begin earning CEUs any time on or after your results sent date which can be found by logging into your member portal and clicking “View Your Exam History” or on or after your cycle begin date.

You can locate an RID approved sponsor by using the CMP/ACET Sponsor search directory. The sponsor does not have to be in the state that you work or reside in.

Extension Request

If you will not be able to meet the CEU requirements by the end of your certification cycle, you may request a once-in-a-lifetime one year certification cycle extension.

You may not request another once in a lifetime one year certification cycle extension request if you were previously approved for one.

CEU Transcripts

Only CEUs from your current certification cycle will be visible on your CEU transcript. To view previous workshops click “View Your Education History” located on the left hand side of the screen of the member portal. When adjusting the dates to view previous CEU activities, type the start and end dates or use the drop down calendar feature to select both a year and a day. If you need an official copy of your CEU transcript, please click here to fill out a CEU transcript request form.

CEUs are only tracked for Certified and Associate members. Student members do not have access to an official CEU transcript.