OUTCOME DESIRED: To investigate the implementation of a system to document pro bono hours for members (certified and associate) during their four-year cycle. Be it further moved that this committee shall be comprised of no less than 50% Deaf members.
APPOINTED MEMBERS: (Mala Poe, Regan Thibodeau)
- ELEMENT #1: Investigate pro bono requirements for other professions
- ELEMENT #2: Investigate a system for reporting/tracking of pro bono requirements
- ELEMENT #3: Provide a report to the RID Board of Directors including a recommendation of whether or not pro bono hours should be mandatory for certification maintenance and, if so recommended, how the system would function.
- Final Report- Due no later than March 1, 2017
- Final report to include (but not limited to):
- Successes completed during term.
- Challenges faced during term.
- Recommendation to the Board.
- Term Update Reports Due to the RID Board via Board liaison:
- Provide updates to the Board of Directors, via the Board liaison.
- Note, reports must be submitted to the Board 10 days prior to each RID Board of Directors meeting. Work with the Board liaison to confirm meeting dates.
BOARD LIAISON: Joshua Pennise
STAFF LIAISON: TBD
MOTION ADDRESSED: CM2015.06 Move that the RID Board of Directors establish an ad hoc committee to include representatives from the authors of this motion, a representative from the PDC, certified members, community stakeholders, including people who are not yet in support of this idea, to investigate the implementation of a system to document ProBono hours for members (certified and associate) during their four year cycle; Be it further moved that this committee shall be comprised of no less than 50% Deaf members.
CONFIDENTIALITY LEVEL: Low, unless otherwise noted.
The motion passed at conference (as written above) established the committee. Recommendations from the committee must be submitted to the RID Board. Any decision to implement such a requirement must be brought to members for a vote.