The Professional Development Committee advises the RID Board of Directors, and assists RID Headquarters, in the oversight of the policies and standards for the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP) and the Associate Continuing Education Tracking (ACET) program.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Board Liaison: LaTanya Jones
- Richard Laurion (Chair)
- Shalene Germani
- Dawn Duran
- Lisa Weems
- Mary Darragh MacLean
- Laura Miller
- Kathleen Lanker
- Nathan Fowler
Frequency of Reports: Monthly
Cumulative report: March 2019, March 2021
For the 2017-2021 term, the Professional Development Committee is charged with the following:
- Element #1: Certification Maintenance Program
- Review the Standards and Criteria for compliance with industry norms and for management of online education.
- Explore if the RID’s system could be, and should be, recognized as a full member of the International Association of Continuing Education and Tracking (IACET)
- Explore ways to manage or document online education and some of the innovative courses interpreters are pursuing today.
- Explore effective mechanisms for documenting academic studies. A professional credentialing system’s education program typically documents continuing education and not degree seeking efforts.
- Utilizing the information learned from Element #1. a. , Conduct a major review, revision and update of the CMP/ACET system.
- In collaboration with key HQ staff, offer recommendations, to the RID Board, for consideration to enhance, and ensure relevancy, of the program
- Review the fees/costs of the program.
- Ensure that the program is self sustaining (cost-neutral) per member motion (C93.01)