CODE OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT REVIEW TASK FORCE
SCOPE OF WORK 2019-2021
The NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct Review Task Force conducts a thorough review of the current CPC and advises the RID Board of Directors as to recommended revisions.
RID Board Liaison: Branton Stewart
NAD Board Liaison: Jenny Buechner
- Ellen Roth (RID)
- Holly Nelson (RID)
- Janis Cole (NAD)
- Stephanie Clark (NAD)
- Evon Black (NBDA)
- Ronise Barreras (Council de Manos)
TASKS TO COMPLETE:
- ELEMENT #1: Compile and review historical information and documents related to previous and current codes of ethics/CPC
- Provide information in a format publically available and accessible.
- ELEMENT #2: Provide recommended revisions.
- Revisions should consider immediate changes in order to support the work of the Ethical Practice System. The recommendations will be brought to the RID membership for review, deliberation and decision.
- Revisions should include long term changes in order to re-orient the CPC to a value-based framework
- Input shall be collected from relevant stakeholders
- Input shall be collected from the RID membership for consideration
- Explore and present a change to the name of the ethical code
- The name should represent the purpose and content of the code
- ELEMENT #3: Envision and Develop CPC materials
- Materials to aid in education
- Materials to aid in advocacy
- ELEMENT #4: Outline and propose a regular schedule for review of the ethical code to ensure relevancy and applicability
- Provide recommendations to the RID Board for the need to create a standing committee, including a potential scope of work.