Interpreters and Transliterators of Color
The principal purpose of the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color (ITOC) is to advocate for the needs and interests of members of the RID, Inc. who identify themselves as belonging to non-white ethnic groups.
- To provide a forum for discussion and education of interpreting and transliterating issues which involve people who are Deaf or Hearing and of color.
- To promote, recruit and encourage active participation of all interpreters/transliterators and consumers of color in ITOC and RID and its Affiliate Chapters.
- To support all interpreters/transliterators of color who seek RID, Inc. certification.
- To prepare and/or review materials about interpreting/transliterating among people of color.
- To act as an advisory resource to the RID, Inc. Board of Directors and to standing and ad hoc committees of RID, Inc. on issues of interpreting/transliterating among people of color.