Deadline: March 7, 2016
RID is seeking individuals to serve on the newly created RID VIEWS Board of Editors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with RID HQ to set and implement the vision for RID VIEWS
- Develop standards and criteria for the submission, production, and quality of all content, including English and American Sign Language
- Create topics for coverage in upcoming issues
- Identify potential authors and solicit articles for publication consideration
- Commit to serve on the VIEWS Board of Editors for two years and adhere to the association’s confidentiality and conflict of interest policies
- Experience working in the publication of both ASL and English content, either as author and/or editor
- Demonstrated scholarly expertise and leadership in the sign language interpreting profession
- Leadership skills that bring the profession’s intellectual dialog to the content of VIEWS
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with authors, both established and newly emerging, to encourage them to explore interesting questions and submit material to the VIEWS
- Ability and willingness to pay special attention to the need to develop ideas in newly emerging areas of the profession, to support the thoughtful re-examination of past professional insights, and to address issues of particular relevance to historically under-represented populations
- Active and current member of both the national Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. and an RID affiliate chapter
How to apply:
Persons familiar with the field of sign language interpreting and who are interested in seeking membership on the VIEWS Board of Editors should send a letter of interest (with both rationale for interest and explanation of how you meet each of the qualifications), professional resume, and a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VIEWS Board of Editors application.” Submissions can be in English, ASL, or both. Submissions must be received by 11:59pm EST, March 7, 2016.