RID Announces an All-New Member Web Portal
Your Gateway to 24/7 Member Account Access
February 6, 2014 – Alexandria, VA – The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. (RID) is excited to announce the launch of its new online membership portal that will allow members to log into their user-friendly account and access important member account information in a way like never before. RID members will have access to the online portal on March 3, 2014.
|DATES YOU NEED TO KNOW:|
|Access to the new
member web portal:
Monday, March 3rd 9am EST
|2014 Regional Conferences
|Interruption in access to
online member profile:
Begins: Friday, Feb. 28th 12am EST
Ends: Monday, March 3rd 9am EST
|All-day RID staff trainings:
The database systems upgrade enables RID to provide an online portal for RID members with the following benefits, to name a few:
- Responsive design for smartphone-friendly access, so now you can check your Certification Maintenance Program (CMP) transcript on the go among all other features!
- Member Self-Service Tools which provide:
- verification of membership for hiring entities,
- on-demand certification verification letter,
- CMP progress report,
- current status within the certification process, and
- Collection of demographic information to better support member services and advocacy on issues impacting the regulation of the profession at the state and federal level.
- Membership Directory with a better search function that includes zip codes, radius of search and more.
- Event Calendar and easy online registration
- Online Store that includes member discounts on products and publications.
The March 3rd database launch provides a strong foundation for the development of future features. The online portal is the member’s gateway to expanded services and easier, more user-friendly access to his/her account with RID.
What you need to know when accessing the portal for the first time
Log in to your new portal at www.myaccount.rid.org with the same user ID and password that you use for the current site.
Upon entrance, you will be taken to your account where you can take advantage of a growing menu of benefits. The first time that you log into your member account through the new portal, you will be asked to complete a demographic profile. The collection of this information is vital to RID’s efforts to serve its members through member services and advocacy. Please take the time to complete the required demographic questions upon entry into the portal.
If you don’t know your username or password, please contact the RID Member Services department at email@example.com. If you are not yet a member of RID, please join today to take advantage of the benefits offered by being connected to your professional sign language interpreting association. To learn more about RID membership, visit our website and keyword search with “member benefits.”