If the loss of certification was due to failure to comply with the CEU requirement…
…reinstatement may be requested via this form. Please note the following policies with regards to a request for reinstatement when certification has been revoked for failure to comply with the CEU requirement:
- The application may not be submitted for review without payment – we will not review applications before payment is submitted. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The effective reinstatement date will be the date the completed application is received.
- Reinstatement is handled by the Certification department. For questions, please contact the Certification department at email@example.com or 703-838-0030, option 6.
- The processing time is 7-10 business days for reinstatement requests. (Note that RID’s processing time does not affect the “effective date”, which is the date that all of the requirements for reinstatement are received.)
- The application must be signed and notarized.
- Certifications can only be reinstated for a period of up to 24 months from the date of revocation.
- Reinstatement is available once in a member’s lifetime.
- Reinstatement of certification will result in a new certification cycle being added to the member’s account based on the date the reinstatement is approved. This will result in a gap in certification from the cycle end date to the reinstatement date. CEUs earned prior to the reinstatement date will not count toward the new certification cycle.
- If the member has a current associate membership at the time of reinstatement, their membership is upgraded for the remainder of the fiscal year. If a member is not a current associate member at the time of reinstatement, they must pay certified member dues for the fiscal year they are reinstated in.
- The reinstatement fee is non-refundable.
If certification has lapsed for 6 months or less, you are welcome