Shipping rates are tiered levels based on total order amount, and reflect the cost of ground shipping within the continental US. RID accepts requests to ship collect when the shipper number to be billed is provided at the time of ordering.
- Individual orders shipping to the continental US must be pre-paid by check, money order, Visa or Master Card.
- All payments for orders must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Orders to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories may not be placed online. Customers from these locations must contact Bookstore Staff for assistance with placing an order and for accurate shipping rates.
- RID can no longer ship orders to customers outside of the US and Canada – all such orders received will be cancelled and refunded.
- Please provide a street address for UPS/FEDEX shipping. If a P.O. Box address is provided, the order will be sent via the U.S. Postal Service. Tracking numbers are sent via e-mail when the package ships.
- A minimum $5.00 handling fee will be assessed along with shipping fees for any shipments via FedEx.
RID Bookstore Return Policies
RID accepts returns for overstock from authorized bookstore customers who follow the return policy instructions in the next section. RID does not accept returns from individuals (non-bookstores) unless the return is a result of shipping error on our part or damage during transit.
- Some items are non-returnable and non-refundable: all test preparation DVDs and sample tests. We offer exchanges only on these items.
Damaged or erroneous merchandise must be reported within five (5) business days of delivery of the order to qualify for refund or exchange. Please call (571) 257-3957 to report damaged merchandise.
Return policy for bookstores, colleges and universities:
- Books may be returned with PRIOR AUTHORIZATION ONLY and MUST be in salable condition. Books with bookstore barcode stickers WILL NOT be accepted for return. Our books do not ship with stickers and for full return credit, should not have them upon return.
- To obtain return authorization, please fill out and submit the Return Authorization form to email@example.com or via fax at (703) 838-0454 for all requests to return items.
- This completed return request form should be received within four (4) months of the original order or invoice date. RID staff will sign off on the request form and an approved return authorization form will then be sent back to the requester to include in the return shipment box.
- All return shipment boxes must include 1) a copy of the original RID “Order Summary” (for online orders) or RID Invoice AND 2) a copy of the RID-approved Return Authorization form.
- The purchaser is responsible for shipping charges on the return shipments.
- No credit memo will be issued for UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS. RID is not responsible for unauthorized returns. Unauthorized returns that are not claimed by the purchaser will be returned to the RID inventory after one (1) year.
- Credit memos will be issued upon receipt of all authorized returned merchandise as stated on the pre-approved Return Authorization form included in the return box.
- Credit memos will be issued for the amount of sale LESS a twenty-five (25%) percent restocking fee.
- Credit memos expire one (1) year from the date of issue. RID does not automatically issue credit refunds. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund of your account credit.
- For questions about returning items or the status of returned items, please contact the Bookstore Staff at email@example.com or 571-257-3957.
- For invoice, payment and refund inquiries, you can reach Accounting Staff at 571-384-4927 or 571-257-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quantity Discount Policy
- Quantity discounts are available for those paying non-member pricing and will apply to the total book order prior to the shipping charges.
- A Ten Percent (10%) discount is applied for orders of ten (10) to nineteen (19) of the same title or item.
- A Fifteen Percent (15%) discount is applied for orders of twenty (20) or more of the same title or item.
- In order to receive member prices, your member number is required to show somewhere on the order form or purchase order. Member prices reflect a 20% discount and are not eligible for quantity discounts.
- Only one (1) form of discount will be applied to any order.